Park’s Martial Arts reopened at both locations on June 15, 2020. We currently offer limited in person classes, as well as continuing our virtual classes via Zoom and Facebook Live.
Park’s Martial Arts Reopening Policies and Procedures
Social Distancing Protocol:
- Tape markers will be placed to maintain a 6-foot distance inside the school, including on the mats.
- Students must wait in their cars until 10 minutes before their scheduled class time. Prompt pick up after class has ended is appreciated. We cannot allow any additional students into the building while students from a prior class remain.
- In person classes will have a limit of 10 students. Students must pre-register for in person classes.
- Only one student, staff member, or family group will be allowed in the bathroom or locker room at a time.
- No handshakes, high fives, or fist bumps will be permitted. “Air” high fives are encouraged.
Healthy Hygiene Practices:
- All students and staff members must wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the school.
- Staff will wear a face mask at all times.
- All persons entering the school must wear a face mask, except during class time. At this time St Louis County requires a face covering for all persons over the age of 9 when inside a public building.
- The CDC recommends that all people over the age of 2 wear a face mask in public spaces, unless they have a specific health concern that limits the ability to breathe while wearing a face mask. Please let us know if you have a condition that impedes your use of a face mask within our facilities.
- Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, mouth). If you touch you face, immediately wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your face when coughing or sneezing. After coughing or sneezing, immediately wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Uniforms should be washed after every class.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, including symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- The dojang (mats) will be disinfected daily with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- All high touch surfaces will be disinfected multiple times a day, after each class and additionally as needed. This includes weapons, targets, door handles, bathrooms, countertops, etc.
- Clean shoes will be worn during class. If you prefer, clean socks may be worn during class instead of shoes.
- The drinking fountain will remain closed at this time. Please bring a personal water bottle with you and do not share with others.
- All students, staff, and guests must undergo a health screening when entering the school.
- All students, staff, and guests will be checked for a fever using a no touch thermometer.
- Any student, staff member, or guest who cannot pass the health screening, including those with a fever above 100.4°F, will not be permitted to enter the school.
Other Important Information
- Students may attend two (2) in person classes per week. Students must pre-register via ClubReady.
- Students may attend as many Zoom or Facebook Live classes per week as they wish.
To ensure safety for both our students, and others within the shopping centers, we must ask that no cars block the Fire Lane at either location. This means that you cannot stop, stand, park, or otherwise utilize the Fire Lanes during or between class times. Please park in the parking lot and allow your students to walk to and from the school entrance. If you have any questions, concerns, or a wish to speak to a staff member in person, you may call or email to set up an appointment.