Park’s Martial Arts reopened at both locations on June 15, 2020.
We currently offer limited in person classes, as well as continuing our virtual classes via Zoom and Facebook Live.
Social Distancing Protocol
- Tape markers will be placed to maintain a 6-foot distance inside the school, including on the mats.
- Students should wait in their cars until 10 minutes before their scheduled class time. Prompt pick up after class has ended is appreciated.
- In person classes have a limit of 20 students. Students must pre-register for in person classes via ClubReady at Parks Martial Arts Login (clubready.com).
- Only one student, staff member, or family group will be allowed in the bathroom or locker room at a time.
- No handshakes, high fives, or fist bumps will be permitted. “Air” high fives are encouraged.
- The dojang (mats) will be disinfected daily with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- All high touch surfaces will be disinfected multiple times a day, after each class and additionally as needed. This includes weapons, targets, door handles, bathrooms, countertops, etc.
- You may now wear taekwondo shoes, clean socks, or return to bare feet on the mats. Sneakers will no longer be allowed.
- The drinking fountain will remain closed at this time. Please bring a personal water bottle with you and do not share with others.
- All equipment used during class time will be placed in a separate area for disinfecting. Equipment will only be put away once it has been properly disinfected with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- All students, staff, and visitors must undergo a health screening when entering the school.
- All students, staff, and visitors will be checked for a fever using a no touch thermometer.
- Any student, staff member, or visitor who cannot pass the health screening, including those with a fever above 100.4°F, will not be permitted to enter the school.
Healthy Hygiene Practices
- All students, staff members, and visitors must wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the school.
- Staff will wear a face mask at all times.
- All persons entering the school must wear a face mask at all times.
- The CDC recommends that all people over the age of 2 wear a face mask in public spaces, unless they have a specific health concern that limits the ability to breathe while wearing a face mask. Please let us know if you have a condition that impedes your use of a face mask within our facilities. While the CDC has made allowances for those that are fully vaccinated to cease mask wearing, due to the nature of our classes, and large number of students that are still too young to receive the vaccine, we will continue to require masks within our buildings at this time.
- Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, mouth). If you touch your face, immediately wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your face when coughing or sneezing. After coughing or sneezing, immediately wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Uniforms should be washed after every class.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, including symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days. Please follow all St Louis County guidelines regarding quarantine and isolation.